Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thimble Blossoms Patterns


Hello strangers.  Yes, it has been quite a long time since my last post.  The longer you leave it the harder it is to actually feel like you can write a blog post again.  After a few weeks of thinking about it I am finally taking the plunge!!  

I wanted to let you know that Thimble Blossoms are having a Halloween 30% off sale so it was about time I bought that Swoon pattern I have been swooning over for months and months.  I have also been eyeing off Jellybean because it's such a sweet girly pattern and looks easy to put together with a jelly roll.  Last of all and a completely impulsive purchase was the In a Jiffy pattern after I found this quilt on Flickr about an hour ago!

Ever since Camille posted her new patterns on her blog I fell in love with her Swoon quilt.  I loved the look of them in her pastel shades from the Ruby collection but then Swoon blocks started popping up over the blogosphere and I knew I really, really wanted to make this quilt. 

Image via Thimble Blossoms


This is my favourite Swoon block in one of my favourite collections - Good Folks (more about that in a another post):

Image via Fussycut - is there anything that lady does that's not fabulous?



Here's Camille's Jellybean in Ruby:

Image via Thimble Blossoms


In a Jiffy -  this looks like rainbow caterpillars or worms to me.  What a gorgeous quilt for a new baby.

Image via Eulenstern



Do you have any patterns that you are swooning over right now but need an extra nudge to buy them?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dolores for that link to Swoon - YAY! I have been umm and erring FOREVER about buying it, not buying, doing it not doing it - I bought it and Red Velvet and In a Jiffy! They are great patterns! Love the idea of Good Folks, but I have already made a quilt in GF and I don't usually make 2 of one fabric range. thinking of Weekends by Erin McMorris....who knows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bronwyn. Ooh, I like Red Velvet.. I'll have to bookmark that. I have only just acquired some Good Folks very recently. The colours are very me, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Which colourway in Weekends? I love the Dots & Loops!

    dxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.