Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monogrammed Cushion



Click on the pictures for a bigger view



Here's a cushion I whipped up on the weekend (actually, I wish whipped up were true!).  I didn't have a pattern, just made it up as you go type of thing.  It was a present for my great-nephew Eli's christening.  I really don't know why I'm so ambitious with three little people under foot!  I didn't make it as a mini-quilt although the thought did cross my mind (see over ambitious plans below).  The "E" has fusible wadding to give it a bit more dimension.  I use a glue stick to position my applique for sewing - it is so much faster.





I used Rachel from Stitched In Colour's zig zag binding tutorial, no matter how you do it binding takes so much time!  The finish came out pretty well, only a couple of small places that needed hand stitching on the back but that was due to me not keeping things even.  I also found that I had to put in a couple of stitches on the mitred corners but I need to check with Rachel whether I did something wrong.  The spot fabric is one I picked up at Spotlight last week, it almost looked like the colour was bleeding slightly after I washed it but after a second wash post completion (cold water & white vinegar) it looked alright again.





If you think that was ambitious, this is my original design I put together on Thursday night using five different fabrics.  Really, there was no way I was going to do that block and make it into a cushion cover in two days!!  I would like to try this sometime though when I don't have the pressure of a deadline.  


Linking to:

Fresh Poppy Design

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.