Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not much creating going on around here

I was hoping to have a WIP to show you but I've been finding it hard to make time for sewing, my massive To Do List is weighing heavily on my mind so I really want to make some progress.  I was all psyched to cut into this pile of fabrics today but I woke up with a cold!  I'm still waiting on this Ingrid Slyder but I thought I would make a head start without it.  It's my first attempt at a proper softie.  I love the Neo Geo fabric (far right), it screams robot to me but it seems too much combined with the nuts & bolts.  I'm toying with the idea of making a cape out of it for our robot so that he can be a super-robot (super heroes are HUGE in our house at the moment).   Otherwise I'll just add it to the stash and wait until I'm going to make another robot.  It's also a perfect match for the Katie Jump Rope next to it.


I don't get sick very often and it feels like the kids have been constantly sick with something since Max started preschool this year.  The last two weeks though I've had my fair share of the illnesses and with little people to look after it's impossible to have a decent rest and with the end of daylight savings playing havoc with all our body clocks I feel like I can't get on top of it.  Anyway, life is just so hectic in our world making time for sewing is such a challenge.  I am determined though since I get so much enjoyment out of it.

Click over for others who might have more to show.

3 comments:

  1. Hey D - Where'd you get the denim from? is it lightweight or heavy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LB

    The denim is from Spotty in Rockdale, back in October. It's around a mid-weight for denim, I want to make a long a-line skirt for me.

    dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems whenever kids start school (or pre-school) they give their immune system a work out! Hope you are feeling better soon, and that you get back in the mood for cutting fabric. You have some delicious prints there. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.