Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Creative Space




1 layer cake = 2 baby boy quilts? 

Here's the first one, it just needs a little bit more quilting and then the binding.  I'll then do the final reveal.

Baby Boy Quilt in Central Park
HST used to create some interest in the back


There's not very much 'boy' fabric left out of the layer cake and unfortunately a lot of it is orange/yellow fabric which I'm not too fussed about.  If only one of the babies was a girl, I've got some pretty florals left from the layer cake.   I think I'll have to see whether I can come up with something creative with 7 squares of fabric otherwise I'll have to place another fabric order from Hawthorne Threads.


Too much orange/yellow fabric in the right hand pile.
For more creative spaces head over to Kirsty's....


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the final quilt - love the fabric, including all that lovely orange and yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some of those orange and yellow fabrics would contrast beautifully with the blues in your quilts! I've just joined as your follower...I'd love to see what else you create. Please feel welcome to drop in and see me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Dolores. That range of fabric is one of my favourites. Could you use some solids in coordinating colours to make the second boys quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.